What's better than sharing something you made by hand with those you love? This adorable tapestry tree ornament is the perfect gift to give this holiday season. Make one for a friend and one to keep as part of your own festive décor.
This is a great project for beginners. It teaches some of the very basics of weaving and using a shedding device, but doesn't employ any complex techniques. Plus, finishing is easy (and fun to do!)
This kit comes with enough supplies to make two ornaments.
- Three 12 yard bobbins of hand-painted Mulberry silk yarn in various shades of green. Exact colors will depend on dye lots.
- 60 crystals (size 3 mm and 4mm)
- 6 grams 11/0 seed beads
- 4 gram. ball of cotton warp
- A bobbin of C-Lon beading thread
- Two pieces of ultra-suede for backing
What do I need with this kit? Any size Mirrix Loom 8″ or larger with a shedding device.
You will also need a tapestry needle, a smaller tapestry needle for finish work, a beading needle, a pair of scissors and a bead mat.
You can find the instructional ebook for this project here.
Level: Beginner and up